Dear LCMS Members and Stakeholders,
After almost three years in the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) role, Sonia Di Mezza will be leaving LCMS to take up an interim CEO role at the Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services (MARSS) in Canberra. This is an amazing opportunity for Sonia and the LCMS Board and staff wish her well in her new position.
During Sonia’s tenure at LCMS, she has,
- met with numerous community members, stakeholders, and politicians to ensure all knew about LCMS and the services it provides;
- led change within the organisation to ensure there are stronger accountability procedures;
- lobbied for a new and more professional office space;
- built the capacity of staff;
- guided the implementation of the current Strategic Plan;
- introduced new programs to support people from multicultural communities across the Loddon Campaspe region;
- advocated for multicultural regional voices.
We thank Sonia for the passion she brought to the LCMS CEO role and trust that the knowledge gained during her time in Bendigo will benefit her at MARSS.
Sonia’s last day will be on Friday 27th of October. Please feel free to call into LCMS to wish her well.
Deanna Neville, the current LCMS Operations Manager, will be the Acting CEO during the recruitment process for a new CEO. She brings a deep knowledge of the organisation and has been working with Sonia to ensure there is a smooth transition.
Current LCMS programs and staff will continue to provide services and a safe place for people to meet.
The Board is in the process of recruiting for a new CEO, so watch this space.
Farewell to Sonia
Please join us for a time of sharing stories and memories to farewell Sonia. Light refreshments provided.
Date: Thursday 26th of October 2023
Venue: LCMS, 437 Hargreaves Street, Bendigo
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Please register your intention to attend by Tuesday 24th of October by phoning or emailing the LCMS Office.
LCMS Office on, 5441 6644 or